Friday, February 3, 2012

Theme Thursday: The Eyes Have It


Hosted by Reading Between the Pages

Rules
*A theme will be posted each week on Thursday
*Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from your current book that features the theme
*Post it and don't forget to mention the author and title of the book
*Event is open for the whole week
*Link back to Reading Between the Pages


This week's theme is related to the eye--any action you can do with the eye: See, Wink, Roll, Vision, etc.

Here's mine from The First Men in the Moon by H. G. Wells (p. 128):

I looked up, and stopped in mid-sentence. The darkness had given place to that bluish light again. The door was opening, several noiseless Selenites were coming into the chamber. I became quite still staring at their grotesque faces.


7 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Suspenseful moments...thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

srivalli said...

Selenites! are they habitants of Moon?This book is in my TBR list. I love Wells and Verne.

Yvonne said...

I never read this one, sounds very mysterious.

Bev Hankins said...

@srivalli: Yes, they are the moon people. I have no idea why they're called Selenites.

kavyen said...

This is surely a must read book for me and your snippets only make me want to get to it quicker. PS: I stole some challenge ideas from you :) Of course I just stop and check you out when I want to participate in challenges... so much more easier to take this short cut :)

Thanks!!!

Btw, always wondered how many hours a week do you manage to read?

neer said...

Hi

Thanks to you, I too participated in it.

http://inkquilletc.blogspot.in/2012/02/theme-thursday-eyes.html

Bev Hankins said...

@Kavyen: Not nearly enough right now. According to Goodreads, I'm six books behind.... On a good week I manage 6-7 books.