Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Chilling End

I finished the first Hitchcock collection and have now made my way through a second (More Stories My Mother Never Told Me). The second collection wasn't quite as interesting as the first, but it did contain two gems: "The Wind" by Ray Bradbury (I don't think I've ever read anything by Bradbury that I didn't like) and "Remains to Be Seen" by Jack Ritchie. In Bradbury's story, the wind itself is the "creepy-crawlie" in question. Who would think you could make the wind mad? And Ritchie gives us a clever way to dispose of an unwanted spouse.

Now, I'm sitting here looking at my "waiting to be read piles" wondering what I should pick up next? Another mystery? Or maybe a hilarious tale of derring-do from the 17th century (one of my most recent acquisitions)? As one of my sweatshirts says: So many books and so little time....

I've decided...another pocket-size edition mystery it shall be. Dead Center by Mary Collins...an author I know nothing about, so this is going to be an adventure.


No comments: