Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Another Candle


 Sped through Agatha Christie's Hallowe'en Party. I love reading Dame Agatha....she's quick, fun, and always manages to trip me up--even when I re-read one that I've done in the past. If I happen to figure out (or remember) who, I still won't quite manage to get the why. She's quite good for a quiet lunch hour's read--that would be how I managed to buzz through this one--not a lot of deep thinking necessary, but still enjoyable. And, I like Hercule Poroit and his mustaches and little grey cells.


Hallowe'en Party revolves around the seemingly senseless murder of a young girl at a neighborhood Halloween Party. Is it just a random killing or did she really (as she boasted earlier that day) witness a murder that now has to be hushed up. Everyone says that the girl is liar....was she lying this time? Dame Agatha, as usual, takes what you think and gives it her own special twist. Three and a half stars our of five.

No comments: