Saturday, February 12, 2011

Saturday Snapshot February 12

Saturday Snapshot is a meme hosted by Alyce at At Home with Books. All you have to do is "post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken and then leave a direct link to your post in the Mr. Linky on [her] blog. Photos can be old or new, and be of anything as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give is up to you." All she asks is that you don't just post random photos that you find online.





This one is a picture I took specifically for a FaceBook challenge. We are posting pictures every day that fit specific topics. This one was for Day 7 -- a photo of your most treasured item. I couldn't pick just one thing, so I did a collage. 1. Bible from my mom & dad; 1st one ever received 2. Sterling silver cross that belonged to my great-grandma 3. My very own Pokeball necklace made by my very own son (when small) 4. WW II special armed forces edition of Busman's Honeymoon by Dorothy L Sayers; one of the most unusual books I own 5. Best Friends statue from my Best Friend 6. Sterling silver anniversary ring from the hubby 7. All displayed on a gorgeous brown shawl--one of my all-time favorite gifts from a non-family member.

9 comments:

Alyce said...

What a nice photo of your favorite things! I love the pokeball necklace - especially since my boys are watching Pokemon right now. :)

bermudaonion said...

What treasure!

Trish said...

What a great idea! I did something similar with my mother's treasures that she was not able to take with her when she went into a retirement home. I took pictures of them and had them framed for her to hang on her wall.

Helen's Book Blog said...

What a great collection of favorites! Have a wonderful weekend

Leslie (Under My Apple Tree) said...

I love it. That is a very nice, creative display.

Miranda Hardy said...

Makes the memories all the more special when you capture it on film.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, I love collages, especially those that capture special moments or treasures. This is a great collection....

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Anonymous said...

What a great collection of treasures!

Tasha said...

I like rings, so your ring is what first caught my eye.