Monday, May 30, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a bookish meme hosted by Book Journey. It's where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It's a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. So hop on over via the link above and join in...and leave a comment here so I can check out what you are reading.


Books Read Last Week (click on titles for review):
Tristram Shandy by Laurence Sterne
Clouds of Witness by Dorothy L Sayers
The Bloody Wood by Michael Innes
The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
Howards End Is on the Landing by Susan Hill


Currently Reading:
The Religious Body by Catherine Aird: "Sister Anne," said the Mother Superior unperturbed, "died on Wednesday evening sometime after supper, probably in the corridor leading from the Great Hall to the kitchens. Her body was put into the broom cupboard and later thrown down the cellar steps. "Who would want to kill a cloistered num? But, astonishingly, someone had. It was as much of a surprise to the sisters of the Convent of St. Anselm as it was to Inspector C. D. Sloan, Criminal Investigation Department. But now it was up to the Inspector to find the motive and the murderer.

Books that spark my interest:

The Highly Effective Detective by Richard Yancey
The After House by Mary Roberts Rinehart

8 comments:

test said...

Droping by to say Hi *waves*
Following you...

Here's my Monday list

by Era Penera
by TheJay2xA

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I have the Thirteenth Tale on my shelf and wish I had the time to read it soon!

Jennifer said...

You had an excellent week with many books or authors I enjoy reading! I hope you have a wonderful week and enjoy your books. My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/05/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-41.html

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I'm curious about The Thirteenth Tale...hope you enjoy all of your books.

Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST

Sherrie said...

Hi Bev,
I read The Thirteenth Tale last year and really enjoyed reading it. Your "current read" sounds really interesting. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Just Books

pussreboots said...

I loved The Thirteenth Tale. This coming week is my last week off before summer session. I have a few books I want to finish before school begins. Come see what they are.

bibliophiliac said...

I can't believe I've never read Tristam Shandy. You had a productive reading week. I had a lot of long books going at once. This is my first time participating in this meme. No school, so I thought I'd give it a try, and it was fun.

gautami tripathy said...

You did good. I am yet to read THe Thirteenth Tale.Come, have a look at what I read last week!

Here is my Monday: Mailbox/What Are You Reading?/Musings post!