Friday, March 22, 2013

Challenge Complete: Book to Movie

BookToMovie
Katie at Doing Dewey is hosting her first ever reading challenge, the 2013 Book to Movie Challenge. The mission, should you choose to accept it, is to review books and the movies which they’ve been made into.  Back in December, I committed myself to the Movie Fan level (3 books and their movies).  I have now completed my commitment with the wonderful 84, Charing Cross Road.  I have several more books on the docket which have been made into movies, so it's possible I'll make it up to the Movie Devotee level--but for now, I'm complete.

 
Movie Fan - read 3 books and watch their movies

Here are the books and movies completed so far :

1. Mary Poppins by P. L. Travers (3/11/13)
2. The Lady Vanishes by Ethel Lina White (3/17/13)
3. 84 Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff (3/20/13) 

4. The African Queen by C. S. Forester (4/6/13)
5. Death in the Air (aka Death in the Clouds) by Agatha Christie (8/5/13)

3 comments:

TracyK said...

You are way ahead of me. I have read (and reviewed) two books, and watched one of the movies (but not reviewed). I always feel incompetent doing movie reviews.

Bev Hankins said...

The movies are harder for me too. I need to watch the movies with a friend of mine who is much more into the visual arts than I am....

Ryan said...

Congrats! And I'm going to have to remember this one for next year