Saturday, March 23, 2013

Mount TBR: March Checkpoint



The rumors are true...Your mountaineering guide is calling for the first quarterly check-in post. Let's see how our challengers are doing. Made it a couple of miles? Camping out in a cave 1/3 of the way up the mountain face? Taking refuge in a mountain hut along the way? Let us know how you're doing. For those who would like to participate in this checkpoint post, I'd like you to do two things:
 
1. Tell us how many miles you've made it up your mountain (# of books read).  If you're really ambitious, you can do some intricate math and figure out how the number of books you've read correlates to actual miles up Pike's Peak, Mt. Ararat, etc. And feel free to tell us about any particularly exciting adventures you've had along the way.

2. Complete ONE (or more if you like) of the following:
 A. Post a picture of your favorite cover so far.
 B. Who has been your favorite character so far? And tell us why, if you like.
 C. Have any of the books you read surprised you--if so, in what way (not as good as anticipated? unexpected ending? Best thing you've read ever? Etc.)
 D. Which book (read so far) has been on your TBR mountain the longest? Was it worth the wait? Or is it possible you should have tackled it back when you first put it on the pile? Or tossed it off the edge without reading it all?

And what do you get for all that hard work (and distraction from the actual climb)? The link will close at 11:59 pm on Sunday, March 31.  On  Monday I will crank up the Custom Random Number Generator and pick a winning climber. He or she will have the chance to add to their TBR stack via my gently-used book vault (prize list will be sent). Just think, if you win a book you can start up a pile for next year's Mount TBR Challenge. 

Even if you're not in the mood for a prize or if you've only got one leg of the journey under your belt, I'd love to have you check in and tell us how your climb is going!

***Please note--the linky is for Checkpoint posts only.  The link must be to a specific Checkpoint post (not your blog's home page in general). Links that are not Checkpoint-specific will be removed--to make it easier for me to track a winner.


Sign in below with your Checkpoint post.






5 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Doing great! Thanks for posting this checkpoint list.

Darlene said...

I'm officially done the challenge, but I'm still going to see how far I can get! I signed up for Pike's Peak, and I reached there today!

Anonymous said...

I'm right where I should be with 25% of my list done, however I've read an additional 5 books from my TBR shelf, so I'm cruising along and sticking to my plan to mostly read books from my TBR shelf.

TracyK said...

Doing better at whittling down the TBR pile than I realized.

Please don't enter me for the prize. Just wanted to do a check in post.

Tracey said...

I'm sorry I missed this check-in, but will be looking out for the next one. I've read 7 of my 12 so far, so looking good and having fun on my way up the mountain.