Saturday, January 25, 2014

Book Monopoly: My Sign-up and Tracking Post




Thanks to the challenge temptress, Joanne at Littlequeen Rules, I am signing up for another challenge...

The Book Monopoly Challenge may be found at goodreads @ Crazy ChallengeConnection.  And the full rules may also be found at the Book Monopoly tab up above.  Since this is an on-going challenge, my yearly commitment will be to read at least 10 books each year that fulfill a move in the game.  

GO - Everyone starts here....Let the game begin!

1st Move: Rolled a 3 and moved to Baltic Avenue. [Book set in/near water]: Too Much of Water by Bruce Hamilton (1/27/14)

2nd Move: Rolled a 1 and moved to Income Tax [Go to GoodReads TBR list and read one of first 10 books listed]: Exit Actors, Dying by Margot Arnold (2/4/14)

3rd Move: Rolled a 3 and moved to Chance [Read a book recommended by Friend/Family/Co-worker]: Gambit by Rex Stout [rec by Les @ Classic Mysteries] (2/8/14)

4th Move: Rolled a 6 and moved to States Avenue [Mostly Black Cover]: Ellery Queen's 20th Anniversary Annual by Ellery Queen, ed (2/22/14)



5th Move: Rolled a 1 and moved to Virginia Avenue [starts with V ]: Vicious Circle by Douglas Clark (3/11/14)

6th Move: Rolled a 2 and moved to St. James Place [Starts with J]: John Smith: Last Known Survivor of the Microsoft Wars by Roland Hughes (3/17/14) 

7th Move: Rolled a 3 and moved to New York Avenue [large city]: India Black & the Gentleman Thief by Carol K. Carr (3/19/14) [London]

8th Move: Rolled a 1 and moved to Free Parking [any book]: A Tale of Two Biddies by Kylie Logan (3/21/14)

9th Move: Rolled a 5 and moved to B & O Railroad [set 50+ years ago/New York]: Tut, Tut! Mr. Tutt by Arthur Train (1923/New York City) [3/25/14)

10th Move: Rolled a 5 and moved to Go to Jail.  Rolled a 6 and moved backwards to Illinois Avenue [mostly red cover]: Grimms' Fairy Tales by the Brothers Grimm (3/28/14)




Challenge Commitment Complete!

11th Move: Rolled a 4 and moved to Water Works [on or near water]: Gale Warning by Hammond Innes (4/15/14)

12th Move: Rolled a 4 and moved to North Carolina Avenue [a book by an author whose first and last initials can be found in “NORTH CAROLINA”]The Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocalypse by Robert Rankin (5/6/14)

13th Move: Rolled a 3 and moved to the Short Line RR [shortest book on your TBR list]: Mind Fields: The Art of Jack Yerka/The Fiction of  Harlan Ellison by Yerka & Ellison [71 pages]

14th Move: Rolled a 6 and moved to Mediterranean Avenue [mostly purple cover]: By the Watchman's Clock by Leslie Ford (5/23/14)



15th Move: Rolled a 1 and moved to Community Chest [Favorite Author]: The Pale Horse by Agatha Christie (6/23/14)

16th Move: Rolled a 2 and moved to Income Tax [Go to GoodReads TBR list and read one of first 10 books listed]: My Late Wives by Carter Dickson

9 comments:

J F Norris said...

I don't know whether to call this clever or bizarre. I hope the Vintage Mystery Reading Challenge doesn't get as baroque as this challenge next year. This is too convoluted for me. Please tell me you at least roll real dice and don't resort to virtual dice. I guess the internet has *everything* these days.

Rolling "virtual dice" reminds me of a woman we saw in a parking lot who was at a total loss on how to get into her car because the battery died on her remote control. We had to tell her the key would work just as well.

Bev Hankins said...

John: No, I don't plan on getting that complicated. Bingo is about as complicated as it gets for me to host. :-)

jmisgro said...

Did you look at some of the other challenges they have on Crazy Challenge Connection?

Tomorrow I post my first book from there....

Bev Hankins said...

Yes...but I think I may be over-committed now....I'm trying to pretend that I don't hear some of them calling my name.

LuAnn @ BackPorchervations said...

You had to post this, didn't you!?!?! *bwahahaha*

Bev Hankins said...

Yes, LuAnn. I did. :-D

Gina @ Hott Books said...

OHHHH!!

This looks like fun!

Jennifer said...

My thoughts exactly, Gina! This one looks like a blast. If I were doing challenges this year, I'd sign up for this one, too; I love Monopoly.

Susan said...

How fun - I can't resist! Signed up as soon as I read your post and found the challenge on GR. WooHoo