Sunday, November 30, 2014

Challenge Complete: European Reading Challenge


European Reading Challenge
Hosted by Rose City Reader
Dates: January - January (Click above for full details and to join)
My Goal: 5+ Books (Five Star, Deluxe Entourage)

Although there is still one month left...I think I can safely say that I'm finished with the challenge. It's possible that I might sneak another European-based novel into the line-up, but given the challenges I have left to complete it's not likely. As you can see, my goal was at least five books and I've doubled that, so I'm pretty pleased with my European tour this year. Thanks to Gillion for hosting another tour of the continent.
My List:

1. The Lady of Sorrows by Anne Zouroudi [Greece] (4/26/14)

2. Faceless Killers by Henning Mankell [Sweden] (1/5/14)
3. DeKok and Murder in Ecstasy by A. J. Baantjer [Netherlands] (6/27/14)
4. Exit Actors, Dying by Margot Arnold [Turkey] (2/4/14)
5. Murder in the Vatican by Amy Margaret Lewis [Vatican City] (3/5/14)
6. For Old Crime's Sake by Delano Ames [Spain] (4/29/14)
7. The Poison Belt by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle [author from Scotland; UK] (1/2/14)
8. The Wonder Chamber by Mary Malloy ["mystery" itself takes place in Italy ] (1/15/14) 
9. Gale Warning by Hammond Innes [Norway/Norwegian Sea] (4/15/14) 
10. Murder at the Villa Rose by A. E. W. Mason [Monaco] (7/14/14)
11. The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy [Hungarian-born author] (9/21/14) 
12. Too Many Doctors by Holly Roth [set on German ship w/German crew] (10/22/14)

2 comments:

Gilion at Rose City Reader said...

Congratulations on completing the 2014 European Reading Challenge! I hope you enjoyed it and are going to participate again in 2015. The sign up page for the 2015 challenge is up now -- you can find it here.

Thanks for participating and for linking your wrap up post! I am going to keep your list because I am always looking for mysteries set in Europe, and you have some hard-to-find countries like Monaco and Vatican City.

Bev Hankins said...

Thanks, Gilion. I'm sure I'll be back. In fact, why don't I just hop over and see your sign up post now? :-)