Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Color Coded Challenge 2016


The Color Coded Challenge seems to be as popular as ever, so we're going to give it another go. When I first posted the new round, I didn't think I would have books on my TBR pile to meet my own challenge in 2016--and since I'm going to try to read primarily from my own stacks, that meant I wouldn't be participating. But--after a thorough check--I've got it covered! So, I'm gearing up for a rainbow of reading in 2016.
Here are the basic rules (for the full run-down and to join click on the link above):


*Read nine books in the following categories. I've given my tentative list.

1. A book with "Blue" or any shade of Blue (Turquoise, Aquamarine, Navy, etc) in the title/on the cover.
The Indigo Necklace by Frances Crane (4/12/16)
 
2. A book with "Red" or any shade of Red (Scarlet, Crimson, Burgandy, etc) in the title/on the cover.
Red for Murder by Harold Kemp (1/13/16)

3. A book with "Yellow" or any shade of Yellow (Gold, Lemon, Maize, etc.) in the title/on the cover.
The Case of the Black-Eyed Blonde by Erle Stanley Gardner (4/12/16)

4. A book with "Green" or any shade of Green (Emerald, Lime, Jade, etc) in the title/on the cover.
The Jade Venus by George Harmon Coxe (4/7/16)

5. A book with "Brown" or any shade of Brown (Tan, Chocolate, Beige, etc) in the title/on the cover.
The Cinnamon Murder by Frances Crane (6/6/16)

6. A book with "Black" or any shade of Black (Jet, Ebony, Charcoal, etc) in the title/on the cover.
The Doberman Wore Black by Barbara Moore (2/9/16)

7. A book with "White" or any shade of White (Ivory, Eggshell, Cream, etc) in the title/on the cover.
The Chalk Circle Man by Fred Vargas (4/21/16) [cover is also mostly white]

8. A book with any other color in the title/on the cover (Purple, Orange, Silver, Pink, Magneta, etc.).
The Purple Cloud by M. P. Shiel (1/2/16)
The Silver Anniversary Murder by Lee Harris (2/17/16) 

9. A book with a word that implies color (Rainbow, Polka-dot, Plaid, Paisley, Stripe, etc.).
The Painted Veil by Somerset Maugham (2/5/16)

No comments: